Monday 12 October 2009

Embryo to Enchanting

Ok so here it is, the Diary of a Nobody...a nobody for now at least. But of course you are Reading this so I must be a Somebody...even in the smallest sense!

1970, October...I was born although actually due in September. Lateness being something I try to avoid but often fall in line with - one example of my lateness is the fact that I've been forever delaying laying down all the wonderful ideas I have in my lowly head.

'What ideas?' I hear you at the back cry. Well, that would be telling. This is a blog not a full-on out & out exposure of all which I have kept hidden for all such years.

Birth...we've all been there. Some of us from various perspectives. And after birth comes of course a few years of unknown detail - this said, I will endeavour to fill in as much as I can and as & when I discover the truth about my early years.

Reigate in Surrey was infact my birthplace with the dwelling following my arrival being a little village called Faygate...ah how quaint, picture it if you can...

A few years following my introduction to the world I went to a school in Colegate.

All change at the age of 4 (I believe - verification on request), my young life took me to Sussex, East infact and to a petit village, Mark Cross. Fond memories begin here. Fondle memories later on, folks. Excuse my humour if you will...!

Growing up (some of you may say that I haven't actually grown up yet, but hey 'f' you although nothing wrong with being young at heart) in a house which was previously a vicarage... and many many years before an old Inn also, it seemed giant to myself and my younger sisters & perhaps I seemed a giant to my youngest sis too...!

Memories & good times are vast for that enchanting house and especially my sisters & holidays away. I guess this is as good a time as any to mention that I have 4 sisters, all of them who experienced that dwelling.

Mark Cross brought my primary school days at Mark Cross C & E Primary...who would've thought it, a school named after it's village. Excuse the sarcastic-slant there.

This village, by the way, consisted essentially of only the following commercial establishments: petrol station, pub/restaurant, shop/post office, cafe and garden nursery. Incidentally the cafe did extremely well as Mark Cross is on much-used stretch of road, albeit blink-and-you'd-miss-it village!

So, where were we? Childhood I guess. Maybe no different to other people out there. My sisters I remember for different things, not only in childhood but throughout my life.

(. . . To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment